Last updated on September 30th, 2021 at 05:57 am
Entry level management position that is responsible for leading and assisting with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supports all day-to-day operations.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Coaches, counsels and encourages employees.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
- Guides daily Front Desk shift operations.
- Communicates performance expectations to employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Trains staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Implementing the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
- Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and aid in problem resolution.
Supporting Handling of Human Resource Activities
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
- Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
- Conducts training when appropriate.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Understands the functions of the Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit ejwl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.