About the department:
- An exciting opportunity to work within a unique, luxury brand portfolio which encompasses standalone boutiques and multi brand department store environments.
- A highly diverse remit incorporating Menswear, Womenswear, Kidswear, Accessories and Footwear.
- Support the Buyer to plan, direct and control the area’s sales through the selection and purchasing of luxury, branded merchandise.
- Meet and maintain merchandising standards in line with brand strategy.
- Achieve sales, sell through, margin and profit objectives.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the Buyer during busy market periods – creating and collating detailed pre-buy reports, assisting with product selection and writing up orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Take a lead supporting role in the management of the department’s end to end order process from writing up orders, OC checking, PO raising, tracking deliveries and following up on invoice queries.
- Strong collaboration and coordination with Buying Admin Assistant to monitor priorities and time management in respect to PO loading, pricing, report creation and deliveries.
- Create seasonal buy overviews highlighting key product launches, trends and commercial investments for the season.
- Deliver seasonal product knowledge sessions to the wider teams.
- Collate merchandise and sales feedback to help shape future collections and fulfill local needs and opportunities.
- Support with in-season trading through the creation and analysis of reports, re-order proposals, stock transfers between locations, customer special orders and regular communication with store teams.
- Support with the implementation of markdown strategies coordinating with Suppliers, Planning and Store teams.
- Develop strong Buying skills and product knowledge (across Womens, Mens and Kids) by assisting the Buyer and learning from the end to end buying process for each brand.
- Develop sound knowledge and awareness of the retail environment. Conduct competitor reviews and price comparisons on a regular basis.
Skills & Abilities:
- Deliver highly accurate and reliable work.
- Demonstrate efficient and collaborative communication skills.
- Maintain a proactive and responsible attitude, showing an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills and the ability to deliver high quality work during time sensitive periods such as during buying sessions.
- Positive and driven personality with a passion for luxury fashion.
People Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of others. Promotes a sense of urgency and establishes and enforces individual accountability in the team. Works with people to establish explicit performance standards.
- Proactively develops relationships with a wide variety of people. Builds immediate rapport, even when facing difficult or tense situations. Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective manner. Engages input from others constantly and listens with empathy and concern.
- Readily distinguishes between what is relevant and what is unimportant to make sense of complex situations. Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers. Analyzes multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions.
- Delivers messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. Articulates messages in a way that is broadly understandable. Adjusts communication content and style to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelors/High School in any discipline followed by qualification in Retailing or Retail Management/ Purchase/ Sales or related programs
- Good knowledge and experience in the (related) industry through work experience with international principals.
- Buying experience and expertise typically gained over a period of at least 3 – 5 years
- Excellent planning, financial, communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient English (Arabic preferred). Keen to travel & develop network of professional & business relationships
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.