Burj Al Arab
About Jumeirah And The Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 8,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About The Role
An exciting role has arisen for a Concierge Assistant Manager Role to join the pre-opening at Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is To ensure that the level of service that is delivered to guest upon arrival and departure is in a safe and professional manner, aiming to exceed guest expectations as they are the first and last impressions of the hotel.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Ensure that all guest queries and requests for information are handled efficiently.
- Supervise the luggage services ensuring a smooth and efficient operation with no delay or damage.
- Ensure that all information in Opera Telephone Book on restaurants, bars, airlines, shopping malls and hotel facilities, are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure that complaints are attended to promptly and handled in a professional manner according to Jumeirah standards.
- Ensure that all colleagues report for duty punctually and wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- Be well informed at all times about any information that might be useful to the guests (i.e. events in town, new restaurants and bars, sports and sightseeing etc.) and to pass the knowledge on to the team
- Ensure all Concierge colleagues are equipped with the resources to perform all duties to Jumeirah standards.
- Diploma or Degree equivalent education
- Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests
- Portrays self confidence
- Well versed spoken and written English, assertive communication style
- Min 2 years Hotel (5 Star) Experience in Front Office and Concierge
- Min 1 year managerial or supervisory experience
- Accustomed to handling customer complaints of varying severity
- Certified trainer to conduct departmental trainings
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing, annual flight tickets, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.