Burj Al Arab
About Jumeirah And Burj Al Arab
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel’s 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.
About The Role
An opportunity has arisen in the Front Office department at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hardworking Assistant Manager. The main purpose of this position is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Front Office Department, utilize upselling, support for the operation by providing administrational support.
Your Duties Will Include The Following
- Greets and escorts VIPs on arrival and departure, ensuring their arrangements are to the guest satisfaction
- Oversees & completes any outstanding Front Office duty issues as per the handover
- Monitor and promptly respond to all CSI feedbacks relevant to Front Office
- Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
- Ensures credit / payment is completed for all guests checking in
- Prepares work schedule for AFOM / GSM
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines colleagues, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance, and conducting performance appraisals in line with company guidelines
- Ensures that all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations are strictly enforced by the colleagues & takes corrective action when required
- Assumes the role of controller in case of emergency situations until relieved by senior management
- Oversee lobby operation, and assist lobby GSM
- Keeps Front Office Manager informed of any critical issues
- Attends daily Rooms division briefings
- Attends daily Ex.com briefings in absence of FOM
- Conducts interviews for all open lobby positions openings
- Acts as Duty Manager whenever scheduled
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Supervises suite allocations and handling of group arrivals and departures
- Ensures that all departmental standards are followed
- Liaises closely with other departmental leaders to ensure ultimate service and provide support where required
- Immediately actions all special guest requirements and requests
- Is a continual source of information, help and assistance to all guests
- Is fully proficient and knowledgeable with the Hotel PMS, Micros and HotSOS.
- Has a full and comprehensive knowledge of the Hotel, including all departments, services and outlets.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Previous Duty Manager or Assistant Manager experience
- Minimum of 3-5years experience as a GSE / Receptionist
- The ability to deal with high profile clients
- Minimum 3-5 years 5-star hotel experience
- High level of written and verbal business English and preferred at least one additional foreign language
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office, Property Management System (preferably Opera)
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary package which includes: leave out allowance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, You will be entitled to one return ticket to your home destination, per anniversary year, medical coverage as well as accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.