Burj Al Arab
About Jumeirah And The Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 8,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf
About The Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Resident Engineer to join Engeneering Department in Burj Al Arab. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Supervises and directs the daily activities of all Engineering Department supervisors and subordinates
- Observes activities to ensure adherence to policies and operating procedures
- Check on completed repair and maintenance works to ensure that established standards have been met
- Assists in the implementation, co-ordination and monitoring of the JEMS (Jumeirah Engineering Management System .This will include the Fire, Life and Safety Matrix, PPM and Work Order Systems).
- Handles grievances, suggestions and complaints by colleagues and recommends appropriate action to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer.
- Submits a comprehensive monthly report to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer on activities carried out for the month (if required)
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Health and safety certified
- Minimum of 5 Years post qualification experience in a 5 star hotel on supervisory role
- Middle East experience
- Previous role in multicultural environment
- Experienced in Fire & Life safety systems
- Computer literate , financial planning and accounting, project management, excellent listening skill
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems and Electrical systems
- Dynamic personality, positive attitude, team leader and team player, organised and structured
About The Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package including dental coverage, flights home, accommodation allowance, life insurance, incentive programs, participation in a best in kind Savings Plan, children’s education assistance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.