Burj Al Arab
About Jumeirah And The Hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-
in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf
About The Job
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join Housekeeping Department in Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide courteous and professional service at all times.
- Liaise and cooperate with front office, food and beverage, banqueting, and engineering departments to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the concerned department.
- Be constantly aware of the room status to obtain maximum vacant rooms for sale.
- Complete daily checks of all guest rooms on allocated section and report discrepancies found.
- Check VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and thereafter daily to ensure that the standard is maintained for the duration of the guest stay.
- Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies according to the established par stock.
- Ensures all deep cleaning programmes are carried out as per set schedules.
- Ensures that plants and flowers are looking fresh and in good condition and to inform the florist of any touch ups that need to be done.
- Train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set-up by the departmental trainer.
- Allocate room to housekeeping attendants according to the system implemented in the hotel.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Executive Housekeeper/ Housekeeping Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 2 year experience at a 5 star hotel in Housekeeping department as a room attendant
- Guest interaction experience
- Familiar with the chemicals and equipment used in Housekeeping
- Clear communication; effective verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Arabic, French, Russian, German, and/or Italian is an advantage.
About The Benefits
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation allowance, life insurance, functional incentives, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.