In the role of Specialist User Interface Development, you will have a number of responsibilities that are critical in making the digital team at du a success. This includes UI development and optimization of our Consumer and Enterprise experiences on our digital platforms (web and mobile), testing, operational change, site performance and security.
The Specialist of Digital User Interface Development is responsible for meeting objectives of Web and Mobile (responsive) UI Development projects including functionality testing.
The role requires end to end management of the UI development lifecycle for mobile, tablet and web, thus is imperative to the delivery of du’s visible presence in the digital ecosystem.
The jobholder analyses and recommends appropriate action to the Director Digital UX & Creative. The job is Specialist in nature and requires effective coordination within Digital with UX team. This includes solutions negotiations with internal UI Developers to ensure the smooth development of all digital products to the highest technical standards to digital brand development guidelines.
- 3+ years of experience in a UI Development role in Telecoms or subscription based industry
- Web and responsive UI Development experience
- Experience with tracking tools like Google Analytics or similar
- Good understanding of IT systems and architecture, operational infrastructure, and usability testing
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Design or related field
- Essential requirement priority is higher than experience
- Have a proven track record of delivering responsive web solutions
- Experience in UI Development having worked on a large digital platform and an understanding of how a website works successfully
- Experience with agile development methodologies, change management (SVM version control), development guidelines and testing procedures
- Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility (WCAG1/2) and usability.
- Strong understanding of HTML5, including semantic mark-up and validation
- Extensive knowledge of CSS, including CSS driven layout and debugging for rapid development; experience with development tools such as bootstrap, less or similar
- Strong experience in converting wireframe into responsive html pages using Photoshop or similar tools
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility, with a strong knowledge of all LP supported browsers. (IE, Firefox, Safari)
- Understanding and practical application of SEO and browser-side performance considerations.
- Experience with CMS tools and Web Center Sites is preferable
- Deep knowledge of APIs, their build and exploitation
- Ideally experience in managing online security
- Experience with User-Centred Design
- Strong experience in an interactive media design environment and within a telco environment
- “Production ready” user interface development experience
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and complexity whilst able to communicate clarity of vision to those around you
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the determination to succeed
- A passion for digital transformation and going the extra mile to create brilliant customer experiences
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.