The key purpose of the role is to establish and ensure adherence to best practices data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the departmental, business and functional areas level, to achieve the required level of data consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
- Align Data Governance with the business goals and priorities
- Collaborate with leadership across the organization to identify business needs and implement data capabilities and processes
- Lead and guide the Data Governance Organization to achieve desired business results
- Ensure effective internal controls by monitoring metrics and driving performance through improvement
- Ensure the data governance framework protects sensitive data through definition of and modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
Must Have Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Highly visible, credible and respected across the enterprise
- Able to use influence to ensure involvement and alignment
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.