Last updated on September 30th, 2021 at 06:05 am
West Yas Academy
Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Receptionist for West Yas Academy in Abu Dhabi starting immediately.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
West Yas Academy opened in September 2016 providing high quality education to the Emirate. The children are taught the Massachusetts Common Core Curriculum – tailored to be meaningful to children attending the school, alongside the local curriculum of Arabic, Islamic Studies and Social Studies. Facilities at the school are excellent and include a large astro-turf field, two swimming pools, well stocked library, a large multi-purpose sports hall, an auditorium and outdoor play areas.
We provide a warm, friendly, and supportive environment where students enjoy learning and achieving in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
In a short period of time the school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of assessment data. We have highly dedicated and talented staff, mainly from the USA/UK, who work in partnership with parents to ensure success for all.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Deliver high quality customer service to all visitors and staff, representing the Academy in a professional manner
- Greet visitors in a friendly and helpful manner
- Have a strong knowledge of the key information about the Academy
- Offer guidance and assistance to parents through the student registration and admission process during the initial enquiry stage
- Provide general clerical/administrative support e.g. updating attendance registers, photocopying, filing, faxing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence Page 2 of 3 Aldar Education | Recruitment Version control v1.0
- Undertake word-processing and other IT based tasks e.g. database, excel, Internet research
- Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. class lists
- Sort and distribute mail
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls in a friendly and professional manner (following our standard telephone etiquette/ protocol)
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Assist Admissions team with in-bound and out-bound calls
- Log admissions enquiries into the MIS – data base
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and printing
- Arrange transportation for visitors when require
- Provide accurate and comprehensive information about the schools, including the curriculum, education level and tuition fees.
- Respond to telephone calls and enquiries courteously and direct calls to appropriate personnel, using the Referral System.
- Assist with tasks assigned as and when required by the management team.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post
- Perform other duties as requested by direct and dotted line reporting managers/ supervisor
- High School Certificate/Diploma or bachelor’s degree Certificate
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer facing role in the region.
- Previous experience in the Education sector is preferable.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill:
- Fluent English communication skills, written and oral
- Arabic speaker is preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with parents in a diverse multi-cultural environment Excellent office management skills
To apply for this job please visit acadrecruit.taleo.net.