Emirates Flight Catering
Applications are invited for the position of Senior Sous Chef –Low Care Cooking (Food Point)
- Position within : Food Point
- Reports to: Executive Sous Chef
- Location : Dubai Investment Park
- Category : Culinary
- Department : Low Care Cooking Food Point
- Ensure that all assigned production staff carry out their duties in a set time frame in order to maintain continuity of work flow and to prevent any subsequent delays in operations.
- Shares responsibility with ESC and deputes in his absence for compliance of all policies/ procedures/ rules/ regulations of the kitchen.
- Supervise staff in the implementation process in their section, report any non-conformance. Propose solutions if it cannot be corrected immediately. Ensure that Sous chefs and Junior staff follow all developed specifications in terms of portion size, quantity and quality
- Check and ensure that the dishing is correct in weight, presentation and items are prepared as per airline specifications, and food products are colour coded with dates
- Manages production, processes and schedules in assigned areas in accordance to policies, regulations, specifications, recipes and requirements applying effective controls.
- While handling daily operational activities find solution to problems and take corrective action before they occur and ensure that the Executive Sous Chefs are kept informed about the daily production, problems encountered and actions taken.
- Manage material, staff and equipment in most effective manner to ensure on time high quality deliveries in strict adherence to all the laid down procedures.
- Manage any issues, focussing on products, equipment, labour topics and material management, coach team on proactive attempt at solutions.
- Conduct daily tasting panels, checks, cascades, briefings and reports as and when applicable in an organized and responsible manner
- Strictly implement procedures to ensure recipe compliance at all times while actively promoting innovative ideas for cost-reduction without compromising on quality.
- Address customer expectations and issues effectively and suggests long-term solutions to any anomalies or improvement ideas reported or observed.
- Prepare, update and maintain production sheets including separate breakdowns for EK and other airlines for the production and assembly staff.
- Understands the lean manufacturing standards established by EKFC and support the efforts on the shift to deploy and maintain the best practices that will reduce or eliminate the 7 areas of waste in operations
- Hotel Management or Culinary degree
- Must have Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the culinary field (preferably in Arabic Section)
- Knowledge and experience of food products and processes in a facility with extensive in-house production.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of all aspects of cooking in various cuisines
- Experience in creating recipes, menu development and costing
- Demonstrated leadership skills to efficiently manage a large multi-national workforce
- Hotel Catering equivalent in 5 star facility with an excellent knowledge in all aspects of cooking and different cuisines
- Previous experience in high volume a la carte and / or banqueting in a large kitchen team preferential
- Ability to provide feedback and coaching
- Ability to develop himself / herself in the current role and beyond
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Effective delegation skills
- Problem solving and decision making ability in real time, creative and out of box thinking
- Strong organizational skills, effective Training and communication skills
To apply for this job please visit ekfc.taleo.net.