We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI WAFI
Sofitel Dubai Wafi scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2020, will be Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai Wafi will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist – Carpenter and help us to make Sofitel Dubai Wafi a truly welcoming destination!
Carpenter position is assigned to perform carpentry and painting jobs. This position would be responsible for the maintenance and repair of interior design, furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) cosmetic appearances for the hotel facility. Examples would include wood finishes, painted surfaces, vinyl wall coverings, glass and carpet. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Civil Supervisor, PPM or Maintenance Engineers
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs works following safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Ensures environmentally friendly practices are followed when handling chemicals, paints, varnishes, strippers, and other finishing products
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintains and repairs all civil, interior design, and Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment finishes
- Ensures the optimum condition and appearance all civil, interior design, and Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment finishes by following the preventive maintenance program
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Daily Maintains the Civil log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
- Maintain equipment catalog and finishes/color directories
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Civil Supervisor, PPM or Maintenance Engineers.
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
- Proficient in all manner of carpentry, interior design and FF&E repair, refurbishment, and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set.
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- operations and able to translate them
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
- At least 5 years experience as a civil technician, preferably in the hospitality Industry and/or in an engineering environment
How to Apply
Send Your Updated CV at ⇓ ⇓ ⇓