UAE University, Al Ain
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of secretarial and administrative work for the department requiring initiative and independent judgment. The incumbent works independently under general direction, handles problems and non-routine situations and interpret guidelines and University and department procedures.
- Performs some or all of the duties listed below, as assigned.
- Performs a variety of administrative and/or secretarial support activities such as composing replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of sources.
- Assigns work to office staff and monitors its production.
- Prepares or directs preparation of minutes, notices, manuals, agendas, decrees and correspondence with all supporting documentation, requiring application of a specialized knowledge of the assigned function.
- Researches, summarizes and analyses information; compiles data to prepare special and recurring reports containing specialized information; selects relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Screens phone calls and visitors, directing to appropriate staff or department when necessary; provides information requiring comprehensive knowledge and may interpret department policy, procedure and operations.
- Types or word processes correspondence, reports or other documents from rough draft, corrects grammar, spelling and punctuation errors; edits wording without changing intended message.
- Corresponds with University and department staff answering queries and providing assistance to enhance customer service and unit workflow. Develops and maintains processes and procedures for handling customer matters.
- Takes minutes at meetings.
- Develops presentations for meetings.
- Schedule meetings.
- May handle petty cash.
- May assist the design, writing and editing of various documents and publications.
- May administer and provide training on databases or systems which support the unit.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of one foreign language preferably English* Baccalaureate Degree / Higher Diploma
- 6 – 10 years relevant experience
- Very good command of Arabic and English spoken and written
- Excellent command of IT skills and computer applications
- Priority will be for National applicants
To apply, click here.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU aspires to become a comprehensive, research-intensive university and currently enrolls approximately 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
How to Apply
Send Your Updated CV at ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uaeu.ac.ae.