Rochester Institute of Technology
The coordinator is responsible for supporting the main activities (Cooperative education preparation and placement; career services events, outreach and alumni engagement) of the Office of Cooperative Education and Career Services with accurate and timely administration and responding to employer and student queries in person and online.
- Advises students and employers about the requirements for Cooperative education program. Initiates and manages the forms and documentation necessary to access and complete the Co-op experience. Provides coordination between students, faculty, and employer
- Coordinates employment and Co-op placement related communication with students, candidates and employers
- Manages Co-op placement administration and correspondence, facilitates faculty approval. Maintains and updates data in all internal reporting and student information systems
- Manages the university-wide web-based careers portal called Handshake and Co-Op reporting site, Jobzone. Supports all users.
- Coordinates administrative tasks and general communication regarding all career services events, workshops and Co-op preparation course
- Assists in planning, advertising and organizing career development and alumni events (career fairs, career days, competitions, employer on campus days, alumni engagement events)
- Updates and maintains CRM system to track outreach, alumni and placement data
- Updates and maintains social media channels to increase alumni engagement
- Supports with preparing requested reports and analyzing evaluation and satisfaction surveys
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Co-op prep course
- Handle all Co-op prep course related administration and correspondence (incl. attendance, upload materials to MyCourses)
- Survey student placement needs one semester prior to the actual placement (in collaboration with Academic Advising)
- Prepare NOC letters and other documentation required by employers
- Assist students and employers to use Handshake
- Organize interviews and follow-up with employers
- Liaise with faculty to approve placements
- Administer placements manually through Jobzone and Handshake
- Update Co-op data and grades in SIS
- Verify Co-op completion and confirm co-op status for students to be certified
- Maintain and update previous Co-op placements’ administration (e.g. Jobzone, evaluation, SIS)
- Respond to and effectively manage students’ and employers’ Co-op placement related administrative queries
Career development events and initiatives
- Co-organize and advertise career development events (Career Fairs and Career Days)
- Manage correspondence and liaise with employers and vendors before and after events
- Advertise competitions, on and off-campus events through Handshake
- Support sponsorship students (DEWA, ICT, Ministry of Interior) with administrative requests
- Update and maintain requested data by sponsors (DEWA, ICT, Ministry of Interior)
- Update and maintain CRM system to track outreach and placement data
- Prepare reports and clean data as per requests from IE Department
- Maintain data on employer and student satisfaction
Alumni engagement, support fresh graduates
- Maintain and update alumni database
- Co-organize and advertise alumni engagement events
- Maintain and update social media channels to drive alumni engagement
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited University in Marketing, International Business, Education or related fields.
- English Language Fluency, fluency in at least one other language is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to details, creative, and strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Advanced organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to represent the institute in a professional manner
Please email your application to [email protected] and include the following items in your application
- Subject line must include the source, your name and position you are applying for; (Mr. John Smith – Coordinator Career Service and Cooperative Education Department)
- Cover letter detailing your technical/professional, teaching, and scholarship qualifications and achievements
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information
Applications review will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information please visit RIT Dubai website at www.dubai.rit.edu.