Job description / Role
Corporate Commercial Lawyer Riyadh based
Our client is a global technology firm. The company operates in over 100 countries around the globe.
This is a regional role to cover many jurisdictions, including but not limited to, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Bahrain and Lebanon.
* Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of all legal, ethics & compliance programs and supports the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture
* Initiates a communication program that ensures a clear understanding of legal compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business
* Assess level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, across the organization as well as adequacy of internal controls within business, financial processes and operations
* Performs proactive risk assessment to identify business processes in the sub-region and region which may represent a risk for the company, with an emphasis on financial, business controls and efficient business processes
* Responsible for reporting and escalating risks, legal issues and best practices to Head of L&C for the MEA Region
* Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirements
* Participates in all the applicable subregion business approval boards and meetings, responsible for reporting and escalating legal issues and the relevant risks to the Head of L&C for the MEA Region.