The Purchasing Manager will be lead the procurement of local and international goods and services from approved suppliers and overseas purchase and its logistics while interfacing with suppliers and internal departments leaders and personnel. He / She will get needed approval, coordinates and issues releases for Shipments in accordance with purchase orders. He / She needs to maintain and oversee manual and / or digital procurement records. Interfaces with logistics team for arrangement of shipments and shipping claims. Follows-up with vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of materials, parts or services.
- Has strong attention to details and good process knowledge to map out a concrete BIG PICTURE of the Business
- Consistent communications with clear and specific expectations. Simplify direction
- Leadership and associate development and accountability.
- Time management with great organization skills with thorough follow through.
- Intermediate to advance computer skills with excellent reporting abilities
- Purchase and Procurement Skills
- Negotiation Skill
- Coordination and Time Management
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
- Computer Skill,
- Communication Skill
Job Scope and Responsibilities
- Ensures par level is met, lead time is observed, controls are in place and supply chain processes are followed.
- Plans and lays out work assignments of procurement personnel, and reviews work performance and products to ensure conformance with established policies, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Reviews requisitions and determines methods of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Research and evaluate potential suppliers and recommends those most desirable in terms of cost efficiency, quality, reliability and the like performance indicators.
- Supervise, prepares, analyzes, and negotiates purchase orders and bid requests.
- Discusses unacceptable or defective goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of non-compliance and challenges and take correction and corrective action including replacement of material not conforming to specifications, cancellation of orders, and ensuring receipt of proper credit.
- Work hand in hand with the Cost Controller department with non-conforming material issues as needed.
- Manage actual and physical stock on the storage centres with updated price / costs.
- One of the overseer of Material Control, SAP Purchase module and related systems and follow through inter department communication.
- Create and send Purchasing Orders (PO) and follow up and monitor throughout the Purchase, Order and Distribution Cycle.
- Lead the integrity of company purchases through verification and maintenance of all required purchasing and logistic documents.
- Ensure that purchased materials are utilized properly through effective communication regarding inventory items
- Maintain the database such that all users are informed of item status and reporting tools are able to be used at maximum utility such as but not limited to inventory trace, adjustments, ongoing maintenance etc.
- Review documents submitted by vendors to ensure compliance with all business requirements.
- Oversee Receiving Standard Operating Procedure s by ensuring they are current to meet compliance requirements and verify they are being followed.
- Develop relationships with suppliers to resolve delivery and quality concerns and obtain documents.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree is strongly desired, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant, Purchase and Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience.
- Attended Purchase, Procurement, Supply Chain seminars, training and workshops is an advantage
- Has at least 8 years of working experience in F&B environment with 5 years hands on experience as
- Total package approx. R 45000 54000 depending on experience and skills, (70% basic salary, 20% accommodation allowance, 10% transport allowance)
- Performance bonus
- Public Medical Insurance
- 30 days of annual leave
- Flight allowance every 2 years
- Visa and joining flight to the country of employment
How to Apply
Send Your Updated CV at ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
To apply for this job please visit Try Again Later.....