Job description / Role
• You will ensure that the company’s projects’ and financial data collected systematically and accurately booked, classified, allocated and reported on timeline basis.
• Ensure all project related revenue, cost and overhead are booked, allocated and classified as per IFRS and aligned with company requirements
• Supervise books of accounts and perform bookkeeping functions wherever necessary
• Generate trial balance, analysis, reconcile, book monthly closing entries, prepare supporting schedules for balance sheet and Income statement
• Revenue, cost recognition of projects and associated indirect expenses
• Project Costing, Cost Allocation, Pricing, budgeting and variance report
• Make sure time sheet submitted & approved on a weekly basis with all department heads, report redundancy in time sheeting, analyze and report staff cost by project wise.
• Assisting Project Managers with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish of the project and taking ownership of the systems required for this.
• Producing monthly profitability report for projects; including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets and updating forecasts.
• Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and cashflow projections.
• Help to educate and encourage accounting staffs to take more responsibility over the financial aspects
• Support procurement functions and coordinate with purchase manager and project managers
• Input and analyze data into the Xero / QuickBooks accounting system and producing reports on this for decision taking
• Help to develop the accounting software we use and build confidence in the financial information that it produces.
• Assist in development of transition to an ERP environment.
• Handle suppliers and negotiate whenever required
• Deal with clients and chase for payments
• To shadow and understand the work of other members of the finance team and support/help them in their tasks.
• Working in a small finance team, you will understand and help develop all aspects of the finance function.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com