Job description / Role
– Participates in, and supervises in the preparation of all soups , vegetables , potatoes , eggs dishes, pastes, rice Dishes and Garnishes in accordance with established Recipe cards and methods.
– Checks daily menu and function sheets to ensure appropriate production levels.
– Initiates requisitions to stores based on daily menu, Function Sheets and forecast.
– Ensure that all Kitchen / Room Service & Restaurants Outlets are sufficiently supplied with their requirements.
– Ensure that all dishes are correctly garnished before being sent to the Restaurants or any other outlets for the service.
– Ensures food is correctly prepared by sampling on regular basis.
– Ensures during meal periods that buffet table is kept replenished and attractive for the duration of service.
– Ensures portion control policy/standard plating instruction is adhered to.
– Conducts on the job learning events as appropriate.
– Ensures section is kept in clean and orderly fashion.
– Ensures that all equipment / utensils in the section are correctly handled and maintained.
– Participates in menu planning as appropriate.
– Establishes and maintain effective employee relations.
– Coaches employees in his section the “Clear as you Go” method of working.
– Ensures Hygiene and sanitation Standard are attained in the section.
– Complies with Health and Safety Policy.
– Regular check in Fridges and walking coolers the following:
– Expiry Dates
– Hygiene and sanitation
– Temperatures of the cold rooms
– Production Mise en place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org