- Receive fees from parents/pupils and preparation of necessary documentation connected thereto.
- Disbursement of petty cash and preparation of documents connected thereto.
- Physical count of cash at the end of the day and tallying with the Cash Book/Daily collection reports.
- Banking/depositing of cash/cheques collected/accounting entries related to collections and banking on a day to day basis.
- Maintenance of records of Fee Collections and monthly reconciliation of the same.
- Keeping Business Operations Manager/Financial Controller/Senior Accountant informed of the fee defaults, outstanding fees, PDCs received and dishonoured cheques.
- Sending invoices/Reminder letters to Parents for outstanding dues/answering parent queries related to receivables
- Bank reconciliation of collection accounts
- Providing trip collection breakup data to teachers
- Keeping records of staff fee concession granted and all related documents
- Keeping records for all the scholarships and bursaries granted and all associated documentation
- Assisting the accountant with day to day duties
- Assist the accountant in the preparation of Periodic Management reports relating to revenue set out by the management from time to time
- Assist the accountant in the preparation of Annual Accounts and grouping schedules in specified formats and compliance with audit requirements in accordance with IAS
- Assistant the accountant in accounting for canteen sales and corresponding purchases.
- A Minimum of 3 years working as a Cashier or Assistant Accountant within a school environment
- First degree in Commerce or Accounting
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, databases and library management software.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail to ensure minimal errors made
- Organisational skills
- Excellent people-management skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (both verbal and written)