Qatargas Operating Company Limited
- Support major business functions and provide detailed and in depth specialized IT technical expertise to maintain Subsurface applications support environment (e.g Wellview, Compass, Petrotrek) and to check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Works in coordination with the Subsurface departments to establish and maintain effective data management systems and application support for all subsurface related data types. This includes analysis and support of:
- Subsurface software systems utilizes “state of the art” data management and Drilling applications including but not limited to Wellview,Compass and Petrotrek.
- Data Management systems – work flows and processes to populate and maintain high integrity data repositories.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Investigate operational issues, problems and requests for support, in coordination with colleagues and other stakeholders, seeking effective solutions. Analyzes underlying issues and their root causes, and identifies available options for resolution.
- Responds to requests for support by means of making system modifications, developing work-arounds, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users, producing documentation, or escalating requests to development team or software suppliers.
- Monitors progress of requests for support and ensures users and other stakeholders are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays.
- Performs moderately complex software modifications independently or works with colleagues on larger or more complex software, specifies user interfaces, including inputs, reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
- Carries out routine configuration, installation and reconfiguration of Business Applications, Database Management Systems, and related Tools & Technologies.
- Coordinates with colleagues and other stakeholders to specify data, data objects and information flows that align with the needs of the business.
- Defines, documents and executes medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
- Prepares and maintains realistic project schedules (showing tasks and dependencies) and quality plans and tracks all activities against them, providing regular and accurate reports as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with information security policies and standards. Assesses configurations and security procedures for adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies and procedures.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline.
- 8 years’ of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
- Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
- Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in IT support environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge
- Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles
How to Apply
Send Your Updated CV at ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
To apply for this job please visit www.qatargas.com.