Last updated on September 30th, 2021 at 05:28 am
About this role
- Prepare, coordinate, and review of information for various taxes such as income tax, withholding tax, VAT and transfer pricing filings for the EMEA region;
- Ensure the accuracy and timely reporting of all tax figures in local accounts and for group tax provision purposes;
- Liaise with business partners to keep them informed of income tax and VAT issues identified and any relevant legislative changes;
- Provide advice on the tax implications of transactions and review terms and conditions in various tenders and contracts as required;
- Develop and Implement VAT processes and procedures in jurisdictions with newly implemented VAT legislation;
- Coordinate work with external tax advisors on tax technical matters and special tax projects or issues that may arise;
- Conduct deep analysis of tax submissions and provide technical insights while managing corporate income tax and VAT audits. Additionally, coordinate appeals with the tax authorities as required;
- Support the Corporate Tax Director in planning and implementing efficient tax strategies in the region, including and not limited to working with other members of the Regional Finance teams to optimize statutory structure and implementing global tax initiatives;
- Improve VAT related governance and processes, additionally, perform VAT assessments to monitor risks and develop strategies to address those risks;
- Liaise with government, customers vendors and auditors and any other third party as required;
- Comply with all Company HR, Quality, HSE, and all the Company policies, procedures, processes, work instructions and guidelines;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor / Manager;
- Fast-paced general office environment. Office based role with 20% travel.
- Minimum a Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent. Completed Qualified Accountant and tax advisor (CA, CPA or equivalent);
- Broad income tax and VAT knowledge within the GCC countries and as well as an appreciation of cross border and global tax issues;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to commit and push through decisions;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex concepts to management and non-tax practitioners;
- Capable of working in a team environment to guide attainment of goals by participating and communicating as a team;
- Ability to achieve excellent performance in a diversified and multicultural environment.
To apply for this job please visit myglobal.brunel.net.