To ensure satisfactory completion of minor planned and reactive maintenance works across several disciplines contained in and around the facility.
- Assist with specialist moves, equipment moves, and porterage duties as required.
- Identify and assist with the requisition of materials to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out efficiently and to approved standards.
- Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, subcontractors, project subcontractors.
- Integrate and communicate effectively with other trades as required.
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
- Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that a clean and tidy working environment is maintained at all time by controlling tools, materials and waste products.
- Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installations.
- Participate in emergency on-call service during non-working hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
- Support the Technicians to carry out duties of the planned and reactive maintenance schedule both internally and externally to the property across several disciplines, not limited to Civil, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services.
- Use safe systems of work when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with the department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
- Assist with various types of MEP works as required.
- Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a building services, maintenance and/or facilities management environment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of general maintenance services.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of primary MEP systems, building fabric and finishes, associated tools and equipment.
- Must hold a relevant and recognized qualification in the discipline, or equivalent.
- Vocational training certificate either mechanical, electrical or plumbing or other relevant and recognized qualifications in the MEP maintenance and repair.
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Good level of English language both written and spoken.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A