Early Years Librarian
The Early Years Librarian is responsible to set up and oversee the Early Years Library in line with the International Baccalaureate PYP Programme and KHDA requirements, and in close collaboration with the Head of Early Years.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing library and research services (i.e. maintenance, budget planning, inventory etc.).
- Provide effective access to the library collections and resources.
- Train teachers in the uses of new library information technologies and their applications to instructional activities.
- Teach students to use a library with growing independence, helping them learn to locate, select and use resources for informational and recreational needs and providing skills for life-long learning.
- Provide guidance for parents as they share reading, listening and viewing experiences with their children and help them use electronic information sources.
- Promote reading enjoyment and an appreciation of literature.
Students, PYP Coordinator, Head of Early Years, Teachers.
Bachelor Degree in Library Science or related degree
Must Have Skills
- Proficiency in English and excellent communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of library policies, methods, ethics and professional standards.
- Ability to work in a multi-culture environment and high level competencies in IT and electronic resources and devices.
- Organization and structure of the library systems for cataloguing, acquisitions, and searching online bibliographical utilities.
- Minimum of 2 years of librarian experience.
- Previous international experience highly valued.
- Creative thinker, devising new ways of research and information gathering services
- Ability to build trust, drive execution, foster innovation, and focus on academic library structure
- Innovative, motivated, resourceful, flexible, self-starter
- Able to inspire others and passionate about being part of the start-up team
- Organized, efficient and clear in thought
- Approachable and calm with a good sense of humor
Proficiency in a second language such as French, German and/or Arabic preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The salary and benefits package is competitive, will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and is in line with UAE Labor Law.
Unlimited on Free Zone
Candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter, no longer than one page, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position
- Current CV, not to exceed two pages
- A list of 3 professional referees with current contact details (position, phone number and e-mail address) not older than 5 years.
Please send your application to: [email protected]
SISD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its employees and students. Satisfactory references and a police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.