This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
All applicants must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret prior to offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made. The Logistics Manager (SM) is responsible for the overall operation and execution of the supply and warehouse related functions and standards. Implements training requirements, manages employee performance, scheduling, work supervision, safetyand quality control. Reports to the Site Manager.
Major Job Activities
- Responsible for the overall management, execution, and personnel supervision of the supply and warehouse function to include customer service, storage, inventory, repair cycle, and equipment maintenance services as specified in the Performance Work Statement.
- Set and establishes sufficient stocks and production standards, directs workforce, mentors personnel, monitors compliance, and recommends and develops operational improvements.
- Maintain employee compliance with safety requirements by communicating and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Government and corporate regulations, policies and procedures.
- Write and develop policies and procedures IAW Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
- Responsible for the management of all supply/warehouse personnel at assigned location. Must provide oversight to insure the processing of receipts, shipments, issues, storage and movement of assets is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain inventory control, reviews various stage reports indicating the status of requisitioned material and supplies from depot are accurate to support maintenance.
- Ensure the availability of needed supplies to support the mission.
- Shall be able to effectively communicate and use technical manuals and references.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
Material & Equipment Directly Used
Mechanic’s tool kit, various hand and power tools. Standard office equipment (Computer, phone, scanner), and automated management systems. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable radios or cell phones to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
Work will be inside and outside. Exposure to cold, dust, noise, and chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lbs, team lifting 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending.
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must have a valid Passport and U. S. or Local Driver’s License.
- Must have the capability of obtaining an Air Force flight line driver’s license
- Must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret prior to offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to pass MOD12 employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
- Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) defense training. Training includes the successful fit testing of DOD provided protective gear.
- A minimum of five years of related work experience and shall be familiar with manual and automated supply accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of three years of management and leadership experience.
- Managerial experience to include: performance management of employees, training, completing required reports, and excellent customer satisfaction results.
- Up to 10K forklift license certified.
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical, project management and supervisory skills.
- Must be skilled with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
All applicants must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret clearance at the time of offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made.