Talal Ali Logistics
The Supply Support Activity (SSA) Supervisor shall oversee all daily operations of the SSA and responsible to train various warehouse specialists and clerks on the GCSS-Army system, under the general guidance of the SSA Accountable Officer. Will ensure all procedures for the acquisition, receiving, recording, storing, inventory and disposition, of shop stock and bench stock for the SSA.
Major Job Activities
The SSA Supervisor shall ensure that all transactions are entered into the GCSS-Army and shall issue all classes of supplies maintained in the SSA; supervise and perform management of stock record/warehouse functions pertaining to receipt, storage, distribution and issue of supplies; ensure that inventories and location surveys are performed in accordance with established procedures; retrieve and analyze history and activity files pertinent to system rejected documents; recommend additions and deletions to authorized stockage list; maintain accounting records of property disposal actions; review requests for major and controlled items; reconcile activity records for monthly and quarterly reporting and status reviews; process data inquiry and manager referred listings; manage controlled, critical and reserve stocks; perform financial management functions; process output from catalog inquiry program, document modifiers and special cancellation requests; prepare data input and utilize ADP output to assess materiel management; prepare reports on labor and equipment, available storage space, relocation of materiel, warehouse denials and stock requirements; directs correction of location survey discrepancies.
Provide daily guidance to all SSA personnel including Warehouse, Issuing, Receiving, Turn-in Shipping sections. Direct supply personnel in Standard Army Management Information Systems (STAMIS) and inventory control management functions. Reconcile activity records for monthly and quarterly reporting and status reviews. Prepares, complies, and submit reports on work schedule, activities, operations, and production. Confers with customer, supervisors, contractors and other personnel to exchange information and resolve problems. Ensure that all employees are always in compliance with all established Safety Policies and Regulations. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Material & Equipment Directly Used
Computer, Cell Phone, Vehicle, Forklift, MHE, and other office equipment
This position works both indoors and outdoors and should expect to work in conditions of extreme heat and extreme dust (i.e. – dust storms, humidity, etc). Normal work week is 48 hours (6 days a week, 8 hours a day). Must be willing to work additional hours when mission requires. Must be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prolonged standing in above described environments is often necessary. Incumbents should be able to lift, push, and pull 50lbs. Work environment is often fast paced and at times requires exposure to high heat and humidity.
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Education: High School Diploma; Associates/Bachelors is preferred
- Incumbent must demonstrate a high degree of English comprehension, including speaking, understanding, reading, writing, and typing. Must be capable of speaking clearly to an audience and provide Government presentations. Must have 5 years working experience in warehouse operation. Working knowledge of GCSS- Army and / or at least 5 years work experience as an US Army MOS 920B.
- Candidate having certifications in GCSS-Army is a plus and be knowledgeable with LIW, VSAT, CAISI and ETIDS.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the policies and procedures of Army regulations AR 720-2, and Department of the Army
- Pamphlets 710-2-1 / 710-2-2 and all other applicable regulations pertaining to stock accountability.
Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc). Must be proficient in MS SQL Server, report writing and general computer/server administration.
Reports to the Logistics Manager.