Arab Media Group (AMG)
Job description / Role
– The Accountant is responsible for managing the booking of transactions both on Payables and Receivables. This includes Booking invoices & generating payment for suppliers, creating invoices for Customers & recording receipts for payments collected from customers.
– Additional responsibilities can include Bank Reconciliation, Cash Management & AR/AP Support duties.
– This role will report to the Manager-Financial Operations.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
– Accounts Payables (AP) management & support duties
– Maintain strict control over payables and to take timely action to ensure timely settlement.
– Account supplier invoices against approved PO’s & Receiving notes in a timely manner with meaningful narrations.
– Ensure accurate VAT treatment for each transaction.
– Maintain relevant reports and records to support the payment and present the same to Line Manager for Validation.
– Settle all time-bound payments like Subscription services / Utility Expenses on time to avoid disruption / disconnection of services.
– Follow up for invoices / settlement for advance payments.
– Ensure reconciliations with major Suppliers at least twice a year and once for all other Suppliers.
– Ensure prompt escalation of disputes or delayed payments to the Line Manager.
– Co-ordinate with the Vendor for the pick-up / delivery of the payment and to provide details of settlement.
– Accounts Receivable (AR) – Transaction Management & Support duties
– Book AR invoices, debit & credit notes as advised by AR team.
– Book Advance Tax invoices and reversals as advised by AR team.
– Book AR receipts & allocation of invoices as advised by Credit Controller.
– Ensure the Receipt # nomenclature and accounting for Inward Remittances/Credit Card Charges is done as per procedure.
– Communicate with AR team on inward remittances.
– Review cheque returns with AR team.
– Assist in banking of cheques on a daily basis.
– Bank Reconciliation
– Execute Bank reconciliation on Oracle
– Co-ordinate with AR team for pending receipts, if any.
– Co-ordinate with AP team & line manager for Adhoc bank transactions like financial charges.
– Submit monthly bank reconciliation statement for sign-off.
– Assist Senior Accountant with Freelance payments and preparing the Budget variance report for approval.
– Submit collection report based on receipts/PDC control for credit control commissions.
– Manage Petty cash, Gift cash and any other cash received as and when assigned and submit all relevant reports for reconciliation/settlement.
– Manage Inter-company (AGIS) transactions, as required.
– Assist with requirements of the company’s independent external & internal auditors.
– Ensure filing of all documents for easy retrieval
– Perform any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
– Timely and accurate verification of documents
– Timely settlement of supplier payments and issue of Invoices/Credit notes.
– Accuracy and efficiency in accounting
– Accuracy and timely submission of reports
– Business partner approach
– Strong Communication Skills – Oral & Written
– Strong team-work & co-ordination Skills
– Analytical thinking & Attention to detail
– Excellent self-management
– Result Oriented & Ability to meet deadlines
– High degree of autonomy and integrity