A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
Job description / Role
The position is accountable for executing internal audits in order to ensure financial data is accurate, proper internal control is in place, company policies and procedures are followed, and that operations are run in an efficient and effective manner. He would be expected to make technical contributions by way of executing complex procedures.
• Understands the internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
• Understands the internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
• Has the ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
• Understands the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
• Has strong analytical abilities and understanding of business processes to identify control deficiencies, process issues, and business problems and recommend potential solutions
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
• Prepares audit working papers, minutes of meetings and other relevant documentation;
• Pro-actively maintains technical capabilities commensurate with the role and demonstrates a sound level of technical, professional or specialist expertise
• Maintenance of internal client relationships and regular interaction with the business to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business