- Perform activities related to financial accounting including accounting of new business transactions in compliance with IFRS and timely completion of audits both external and internal.
- Responsible for the preparations of financial statements of assigned business as per IFRS.
- Perform procedures to identify accounting gaps by reviewing General Ledger schedules and reporting the gaps to the concerned teams as per defined format.
- Updating of chart of accounts by opening, closing, enabling and disabling general ledger codes as per the classification in the financial statements
- Perform month-end closing processes by setting closing timelines in consultation with teams, ensure books are closed as per agreed timelines and all of the closing activities are completed by respective teams accurately.
- Perform foreign currency revaluations of accounts payable, receivables and bank balances.
- Ensure accuracy of periodic system reports by proper reconciliations of different modules within ERP and other reporting tools and liaise with different stakeholders in all the departments to ensure accurate data capturing and reporting.
- Review and prepare analyses of potential new business ventures to evaluate adequacy of supporting business case.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting
Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CPA, CMA or CA or any other related post graduate level qualification
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Experience working to tight internal reporting timescales.
- Good knowledge of internal finance system
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be self-starter and have the ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information
Job Specific Skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to review variances, understand business cycles and their impact in the profit and loss accounts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Access and
- Power Point and have proficiency with Oracle Financials, Navision and JD Edwards
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple responsibilities work interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Candidates possessing the above requisites from airline, airport, ground handling, cargo, duty free and catering environment.
- Significant experience with developing financial and operational models to support business planning, key strategic activity and major business initiatives.
- Significant experience in presenting and communicating to key business owners and senior management.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / CV
- Copy of Highest Educational Certificate