International / Mediterranean Sous Chef
- Assist in the supervising and running of the department according to set guidelines and supervise the smooth production and service of food from the kitchen
- Possess excellent culinary and presentation skills – ensuring all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size and temperature
- Manage kitchen team – briefing, supervising and motivating team members
- Have the ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Have a thorough knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety and train teams on this.
- Work side by side with the owner to create daily menus and specials
- Teach, train, and mentor the staff
- Unwavering dedication to the product and brand – no shortcuts.
- Strong understanding of labour cost, food cost, and budgets
- Ability to work between multiple concepts.
- Maintain a professional and positive culture
- Great communication skills
- The candidate will ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Must be highly Knowledgeable in International and GCC Gulf food; must have the ability to prepare special meals or substitute items, assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks.
- The candidate will ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
Mandatory: Hotel Management
Minimum 2 years relevant experience.