IT Support Specialist
- Design, develop, and support websites and database-driven web applications for Internet and Intranet.
- Design and development of multimedia CDs, courseware, and custom applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain College websites.
- Develop and maintain College databases.
- Develop and maintain templates, layouts and cascading style sheets.
- Create and collaborate on site concepts and page layouts.
- Make recommendations for improving web development workflow.
- Help establish University web policies and standards.
- Implement effective web-based interfaces with a focus on usability, accessibility, and maintainability.
- Assist in systems design.
- Develop detailed logical flowcharts for application logic.
- Document programs including creation and maintenance of flowcharts, reports, and operator instructions, as well as preparing user documentation.
- Train the users on developed applications.
- Maintain, respect, and protect the confidentiality of information held within, or transferred across, the university’s computer and communication resources.
- Development and integration of in-house applications.
- Support technical needs of conferences.
- Coordinate closely with UITS helpdesk.
- Create and design flash based web pages.
- Develop high quality interactive multimedia standalone applications of course website and multimedia CD’s.
- Other IT related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Information Technology.
- Four years of web/database development experience.
- Industrial Certifications in Information Technology field preferred.
- Good experience in creating database-driven websites and usability testing.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS with focus on SQL.
- Good experience in using development application like Visual Studio.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft scripting languages.
- Good knowledge of W3C standards, current browser technology, and search engines.
- Preferred skills or experience in streaming media technology, graphic designing skills
- Reasonable experience in using graphics/multimedia design software like PhotoShop and Flash.
- Experience defining interface and navigation schemes.
- Knowledge of commonly used operating systems, PC hardware, and software.
- Preferred skills or experience in Help Desk/troubleshooting or similar experience.