What is a Sous Chef?
In the introduction to your sous chef job description, you will talk about what makes your company an exceptional employer. What sets your organization apart from the rest? In answering this question, look to current satisfied employees. Use what they enjoy about working for you when conveying a message to job seekers about what they can look forward to when they join the team.
Sample Company is one of the leading firms in our field in the metro area.We are hiring a Sous Chef to join our team. If you’re a hard-working professional, Sample Company is an ideal place to get ahead. Don’t hesitate to apply.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
- X+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus