A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
Job description / Role
The Budget Controller is responsible for ensuring that the budget is produced in a timely manner and controlled throughout the financial cycle. This includes examining and analyzing budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
It is imperative that the Budget Controller maintains correct, up to date records of all expenses, particularly OPEX’s, CAPEX’s and Capital Budgets. Deviations to the budget to be reported as appropriate.
The Budget Controller must develop and present monthly/quarterly and yearly financial update reports for each operational channel to senior management, including financial achievements, variations to budget, and detailed Profit and Loss Statements (P&L).
– Design effective budget models for departments and the entire organization
– Analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget.
– Monitor the status of budget spending/activity
– Present annual budgets to senior managers
– Approve transactions and use of funds for departments.
– Review budget requests for approval
– Forecast future budget needs
– Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
– Suggest spending improvements that increase profits
– Review the organization’s budget for compliance
– Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines
– Design and implement effective budgeting policies and procedures
– Attend departmental and company meetings as required.
– Follow the requirements of the Delegation of Authority Matrix.
– Fulfill other duties and tasks as required