Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Job description / Role
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Manager – Government role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
The hotel will feature 287 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters (39,500 square feet) of meeting and function space including two main ballrooms offering 1,500 square meters each. In addition, groups will have access to a number of smaller conference and board rooms, some with private break-out spaces, complimented by a conference service team ready to manage any size event as befits Fairmont’s 100-year old history of hosting political figures, community and industry leaders alike for legendary events.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance, regular sales calls, entertainment and sales trips/tradeshows.
– Support goals, objectives, and philosophies of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts and The Fairmont Riyadh.
– Develop lead sources through prospecting, solicitation, referrals, trace files, and cold calls.
– conducts site inspections with prospective and existing clients.
– Develops and implements new sales strategies, tactics and action plans for account base.
– coordinate and financially manage sales trips, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market.
– Maintain active membership in industry related organizations and associations pertaining to the specific market.
– Assist other sales and catering managers and refer group and catering leads and other sources of business for hotel through active solicitation of account base
– Attend Sales Meetings, office events, and hotel-sponsored functions.
– Prepare for and attends daily sales meetings, weekly sales & marketing meeting and other meetings as necessary.
– Responsible to submit weekly sales report to the Director of Sales.
– Maintain and update current account information in Opera and hard files.
– Involvement in industry Functions and/or trade shows, FAM visits and Industry Events.
– Support and perform to Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, company Sales and Marketing Standards.
– Assist with any other duties as requested by supervisors and management.