Burj Al Arab
About Jumeirah And Burj Al Arab
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most Photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet. the hotel’s 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting Venues.
About The Role
An opportunity has arisen for Executive Butler at Burj Al Arab.
Your Duties Will Include The Following
- To maintain open line of communication and ensure guest feedback, remarks or complaints are handled effectively and efficiently by liaising without any delay with all other departments concerned.
- Bears a full & comprehensive knowledge of the Hotel, including all departments, services, outlets, amenities and functions.
- Ensures the guest are familiarised of all the facilities and services within the suite.
- Handling all guest queries related to concierge (Yacht, Golf, VIP , N/P etc)
- To be a continual source of help, assistance & information to all guests.
- Maintains a high level of communication & feedback within the department.
- Carries out guest registration, cashiering and other administrative tasks as per the standard.
- Inspects and Sets Up the arrival and occupied suites as per the guest preferences in accordance with the set standards.
- Identifies & anticipate guest needs.
- To be continually proactive with in all areas of operation.
- Reports for duty punctually & in accordance to the issued department duty roster.
- Handling of guest profile as per the Jumeirah Standard.
- Adheres to the Generic SOP’s like Departmental Grooming & Uniform Standards/ Hotel & Company policies & procedures/ Hotel Health & Safety policies.
- Is responsible for the cleanliness of the Butler Pantry on allocated floors and ensuring that the Pantry is correctly stocked & maintained according to set standards.
- Attends daily pre-shift briefings.
- Co-ordinates & liaises with the Butler team, Butler Management, Private Dining, HSK for any guests’ requirements.
- Reports and follows up any suite maintenance requirement according to standard procedures.
- Ensures all hotel equipment is maintained in good condition at all times.
- Supports & assist Senior Management.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
- Builds a thorough rapport with all in-house guests and maintains interaction in order to facilitate guest recognition and obtain specific individual needs, likes and dislikes in order to maintain guest history files.
- Maintains the privacy and ensures security of in-house guests.
- Ensures that all procedures & responsibilities relating to the Greeting/Arrival/Departure procedures are adhered to.
- Up sells suites and cross sells all outlets within BAA and Jumeirah.
Administrational And Operational
- Co-ordinates with the Butler Team Leader for any guest requirement and follow ups.
- Promotes Jumeirah Sirius loyalty program to all guests.
- Ensures proper filling of the floor documents in the file in each pantry.
- Reports requests and work orders through HotSos.
- Responsible for updating the logbook as per shift.
- Ensures the information board is updated at all time.
- Is fully responsible for the Butler Pantry & ensures the cleanliness of the Pantry. Maintains correct stock & ensures that the pantry is operationally prepared at all times according to set standards.
- Ensures to service the suites every time the guest leaves the suite (including shoes polishing, collecting laundry and replenishing the private bar, packing, unpacking)
- Ensures a full & complete shift handover related to guest information, any follow ups and Butler pantry.
- Continually checks all public areas inside and around the guest floor and reports any suspicious object to the security.
- Escorts all arriving guests to their respective suite and opens the door.
- Escort external guests to their destination and ensure departing guests are lead to their respective mode of transportation.
- Follows hotel’s safety policies.
- Adheres to policies and procedures according to the Butler Department Processes.
- Follows Butler Grooming and uniform standards.
- Conducts hotel/suite show rounds for our guests.
- Provides a full cashier services including check out and currency Exchange service.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least High school graduate Desirable
- Hotel school graduate or Front Office operations certificate holder
- Front office cross training
- Previous experience in Butler/Front Office Department
- Preferred: Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Russian, Chinese, French, Spanish, German
About The Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary package which includes: accommodation, transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, You will be entitled to one return ticket to your home destination, per anniversary year, medical coverage as well as accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.